ss_blog_claim=89c5075de08a27469a4c85b7b67a5e81 Rantings Of A Woman: FOCUS BACK ON BLOGGING AND FAMILY FUN...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

FOCUS BACK ON BLOGGING AND FAMILY FUN...

Now with the renovation project in our new bedroom pretty much finished I am hoping to turn my focus back into blogging. Today is the kids last day of school and I will pick them up early at lunchtime then their summer vacation will start. I am so glad to finally have them home for the summer...yes I am one of those mom's who would rather have the kids home. I miss them when they are gone all day!


The weather finally warmed up here ,I am saying this as I watch the rain come down but it will clear this afternoon and be somewhere around 22 degrees celsius. The other day we took the kids to a small beach down by the ferry terminal not far from here. They had a blast running on the sand bar and collecting shells. I will blog more about that experience and our findings later when I figure out how to get the pictures off my camera phone LOL boy do I ever feel dumn some times. Anyway Sunday Matt had to work for a few hours and it was getting hot so I got the sprinkler out to cool off the kids. Later that afternoon we were told about another beach only 6 minutes from our house just down the road from Trinity's dance school so we checked it out. It is a pretty nice sandy beach a will be a great place for us to spend some time this summer and luckily it's not far with the price of gas....again that's another story....The ran up and down the beach and the boys even got in the freezing cold water (keep in mind all the ice just melted about a month ago). Matt stepped in for a second to see what the boys were trying to show him but he couldn't take the cold any longer and got out, (wimp) No I didn't get in either, I had the sea weed (wimp) oh and can't forget miss Trinity, she doesn't like the beach (sea weed) either (another wimp) LOL. When the kids finally got cold we headed home and a great bbq with chicken, potatoes and brocolli. Everything was cooked on the bbq so clean up was easy and left us with time to get the ground ready for the pool but we took it a step further and got the pool set up and got some water in it.


Yesterday was crazy...we took the kids to school and Kohl's class only had 5 students there so his teacher invited Blake to join them for the morning. He was so excited and spent the day calling himself a school boy! he was too funny. When they sat at their desks and worked on a journal entry Blake looked lost and confused until the teacher wrote out a sentence on the board and Blake recongnize the quotation marks....He yelled out " Mrs Cantwell I see your quotation marks!" She was shocked that he knew what they were considering he is only 3 years old....it was a fun morning. I am made it home around 11:00am and got the water running to the pool hoping to get it filled by nightfall (didn't happen) As the pool filled all day yesterday the kids were playing in the pool and just image how cold that was with the water running right from the hose. Anyway the pool should be ready and filled to the max today and I'm sure that is where the kids will spend their afternoon when they get home so I should go and get my butt back on that treadmill before then.

1 comment:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I’m tagging you with an easy meme here.