ss_blog_claim=89c5075de08a27469a4c85b7b67a5e81 Rantings Of A Woman: RIB DISCOMFORT....

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

RIB DISCOMFORT....




For the past week I have been with some discomfort of the left side of my ribs. This is not PAIN just discomfort and I can't figure out what it could be caused from or what the heck it is for that matter????? This feeling is from the middle to the bottom of my rib cage (left side), doesn't hurt when touched. It actually reminds me of how it felt when I was towards the end of my pregnancies and had the baby right up under the rib cage (and I know I'm not pregnant lol). The only thing I could find on Google was to take it easy, bed rest, no sitting for long periods of time...can you see me doing that? not going to happen around here. Has anyone ever experienced this? Now when I lay down I feel fine! Yes sitting is probably the worst right now and when I push on the area of discomfort I can hear/feel the cracking, grinding sounds. I would go see a doctor about this but without the pain I really don't feel like sitting for 5-7 hours at the Emergency department to get it checked out and we still don't have a family doctor (worst part about moving). For now I will continue on with normal activities around the house and until this goes away I won't be doing any ab exercises....could this have caused the discomfort?
UPDATE....
I think I know what I did to cause the discomfort of my ribs! I was shovelling and levelling off the ground behind the house last week and again the past couple of days. I'm sure this is where things went wrong and I think it all started around the same time. As long as I am walking around I feel ok, so I will just have to watch things around here for a while and let hubby finish up the yard work and our bedroom walls. I just hope it doesn't get worse....

2 comments:

jenn said...

Are you sure you didn't crack a rib or something? You might have to have it checked out if it doesn't go away soon.

Take care of yourself, my friend!

Petula said...

Yes, I'm with Jenn. Get it checked out if it doesn't go away soon. It could be a cracked rib. Take care and do try to get some rest. It's better to rest now then to have to take a total load off!

BTW: Whatever happened to Mel in a Nutshell?