ss_blog_claim=89c5075de08a27469a4c85b7b67a5e81 Rantings Of A Woman: Finding a new career

Monday, June 15, 2009

Finding a new career

Having just entered the workforce after a 10 year assignment to raising my children. It was pretty intimidating considering starting a career outside of the house. I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I had to look around and see what jobs were out there and what kind of salary expectations and education requirements I would need. I found a site (mypursuit.com) that gives Career Descriptions, what type of background and education you might expect employers to require. They also offer a salary expectations you should go in the position with. You can quickly link to jobs in your area by selecting the field of work and the zip code. For me I was planning on going to work at a local call centre so I could work around my husbands schedule and be here for the kids after school. Using the information available I had a good idea what it would take to be a Call Center Representative before I even applied and went to the interview. I am shocked it has been 6 months back to work and I am having a great time with my new career.

No comments: