ss_blog_claim=89c5075de08a27469a4c85b7b67a5e81 Rantings Of A Woman: Oysters

Friday, March 21, 2008

Oysters


I am sure that whenever you hear of Oysters you probably think of pearls! Sure you do. That is what you find in Oysters! Yes, pearls are great but imagine being able to find anything else in the oyster . Would it be any other type of gem or jewel or would it be something different like money, charcoal, or hey even carrots just in time for the Easter bunny! I would much rather find a diamond or two in my oyster! Like they say, diamonds are a girls best friend and I love my diamonds!


Here in the Maritime Provinces we no doubt love our Gulf oysters along with other great shell fish and sea foods. I only eat such foods during the summer months and enjoy them very much. However, many of us are not aware that by consuming raw or undercooked oysters my cause serious illness or even death to at risk individuals. This doesn't mean that you have to stop eating oysters it just means to be better informed, be cautious, be smart and be sure when it comes to eating oysters and BeOysterAware.com has the information we need from What is Vibrio Vulnificus, Symptoms and treatments, Whether or not you are an at risk consumer and enjoy great oyster recipes!


No comments: