ss_blog_claim=89c5075de08a27469a4c85b7b67a5e81 Rantings Of A Woman: ***WHAT'S UP WITH TEENAGERS?...

Monday, January 28, 2008

***WHAT'S UP WITH TEENAGERS?...

...HEAR ME RANT....
Yesterday was a very upsetting day for me although my day didn't start of too bad. After lunch hubby had to go into work for a few minutes to check on things, I was busy cleaning up some mess from renovation projects, the kids were off watching TV and Jay was outside playing street hockey. Once I go the front porch cleaned out I called Trinity down to see it. She was surprised! We had taken up her dance floor in the family room to give us more space and put the floor down in the porch for her to dance on. She now has her own dance studio with a door she can close to keep her brothers out! So back to where I was going here. While she was dancing in her new studio I see Jay out front in the yard which immediately set off alarms with me so I opened the door and there was Jay almost passing out on the step. His face was turning ghost white and he was crying. I quickly grabbed him by the shoulders of his jacket and pulled him in the house. Come to find out he was punched in the head and had his fingers bent back. I thought they were broke but they seem to be ok now. Thank God, he just started guitar lessons. So I got him settled in and heading out to confront the large group of boys. They all stuck together of course with the same story but when I asked for Jay's hockey stick they told me it wasn't there. I was pissed because I knew it was out there. After I came in the house to but my shoes on the go look through the snow Jay calls out and tells me that they went back in the trees and brought out his stick and buried it in the snow. so I head back over and sure enough after a few words from this very upset mother they handed the stick over. While this was happening they were laughing at Jay who was looking out his bedroom window about what had happened. By this point I was steaming mad and they knew it.
I decided it was time to take action with some parents here so I started with the kid who has been always causing the most trouble and telling the kids that there is no God or heaven and so on...well I spoke with his father last night which was the hardest thing I had to do... His father is the Minister of the Church up the street where all these kids go to Youth Group together. I honestly don't think he was hearing what I was telling him. Then I broke down and told him what his son is telling the kids about there not being a God and so on and he tells me that it some syndrome that children of preachers can show...I guess they rebel against what their parents preach. What kind of excuse is that. I don't think I got anywhere with this last night so I will have to continue to watch what goes on outside. God it most certainly doesn't get any easier as they get older does it? How else can I deal with situations like this without being the bitchy parent on the block...or the only parent who care about her kids...where are these other parents anyway.
Well that's my rantings for the day I'm getting angry just thinking about it. Jay is doing fine and went to school this morning. I guess his finger is a little purple and his headache has gone away.

7 comments:

De'Little Ones said...

wow... I can imagine your shock. I would do the same, talk to the boy's parents.

Thank goodness he is ok now.

Btw, I have a tag for you.

http://www.delittleones.com/blog/?p=92

bcmomtoo said...

Kids can be so mean. I ask that all the time - where are the parents?

You were right to talk to the boy's dad, whether he listened or not. I have a hard time with that, but then I think, if my kids were doing something I would want to know.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad Jay is OK. If you have to be the "bitchy" parent on the block. Then do it!!

Unknown said...

Wow, you did have some rough day there. Yep, that's an excuse bvy the preacher father. I hope he talked to his own child about it.
I will get to the awards and memes by the way, just been so busy. Thanks, Carrie. I hope you're feeling better today...and Jay too. :)

jenn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to him.

You showed more restraint than I would have. I would have taken (or followed) those kids home and spoken to the parents. I also think if my ryan was punched in the face, I would have called the cops. Just to scare the kids.

I'm just glad to hear he's okay!

Misty DawnS said...

I'd be furious too! What's with that father? He certainly doesn't sound like he' being a good parental figure!

Ritchelle said...

YOu're a mother!I would do the same if that happens to my future children.I know girls are far off different from boys.

I can not imagine that the preacher's son himself is not believing GOD?