ss_blog_claim=89c5075de08a27469a4c85b7b67a5e81 Rantings Of A Woman: The Single Life

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Single Life

I found myself escaping from a bad relationship a little over 10 years ago, suddenly I was a single mom on my own. I certainly had to grow up fast and I had no problem looking after things on my own, it was my responsibility. I found a lot of joy raising my son but at the same time sometimes it was a bit lonely focused on him to have contact with adults. I didn't really know anyone else that was going through my situation to relate to. With the explosion of the Internet there are so many avenues for people to meet and make new friends. I recently came accross a single parent chat room that is a haven for single mom's and dad's to come together and help support each other through the growing pains of being a single parent on a daily basis. Here you can search through profiles and join in on chat's with various people. The service also offers web cam links so you can see who your talking too. I was lucky enough to meet my future husband after my break up and we developed a friendship which eventually led to us getting together and having 3 more children together. He was very accepting of my son and adopted him after we got married.

1 comment:

bcmomtoo said...

Carrie, I didn't know this. (like I could possible know everything about your life!?) You and Matt and your family seem so perfect I guess I thought you'd been together forever. I'm so glad things worked out so well for you!